Feb 28, 2011

To be or not to be... vegetarian

The easiest distinction between vegetarians and not-vegetarians is that the first group doesn't eat meat and the second one does. That's true, but for God's sake! not only meat! We eat (we need! we expect!) vegetables, mushrooms, salads, pancakes, lentil and fried cheese with tatarská omačka...

In Sebuzin, where we had mid-term training, ladies serving up the lunch asked us every time do we eat normal. They simply wanted to know aren't we vegetarians, what in my opinion all the time confuses a little bit kitchen's daily life. I can imagine how the cooking staff spend few hours brainstorming ideas and recipes how to put menu together when they hear there will be some vegetarians on board. ;) Anyway, the findings are always amazing.


Most of us were normal. But after some time we all dreamed about being vegetarian! Why? Vegetarian portions were more varied and somehow even fancy, while not-vegetarian meant to have meat meal everyday. I liked it of course, food was unusual tasty, but on the other hand at the end I was sick of meat. OK, I eat meat, I like meat but normally I don't eat it everyday and actually I can live without meat for some time – what still doesn't make me vegetarian...

Curiously enough, described food incident it's not only Sebuzin's case. ;) I took part in more trainings, workshops, youth exchanges – both in Poland and abroad, where we were (speaking about meals) group of normal-eating-people and vegetarians, and it seems to me that veggies are really in special care.

So, a tip for the next time: pretend you are vegetarian! Your stomach will be grateful! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment