Sep 14, 2010

My first week in Czech Republic

I'm the third volunteer here in OKO for year 2010/2011. I arrived in Prague last Monaday where I met Christine and Joanna. Then we went for a walk around Prague to see something of the city e.g. the famous charles bridge. After spending some hours in Prague we took the train to Rychnov. And I was really excited to see where I'm going to live for next year.
In the following days Joanna and Christine showed me Rychnov and on Saturday we went for a trip to Pardubice. Of course we visited shopping mall :) but we also had to buy some stuff for our flats. We had lunch in czech restaurant and after that we visited a market, where you could buy typical czech food or some handicrafts and also they offered many activities for children. So it was quite nice to see something of czech culture.
On Sunday the weather was really nice so we decided to have a picnic in the park of Rychnov. All in all I really enjoyed my first week in Rychnov and I'm looking forward to next weeks.




No comments:

Post a Comment